I photographed this pond in Eagle River, Alaska at peak fall colors. The intense yellows of birch and aspen mix with the greens of spruce trees. The warm colors of the pond grass belies the cold autumn chill. Unfortunately, fall colors don't last long in Alaska. Every year I run out of time to capture the scenery. Before long, all that will remain of the quickly fading colors will be the memory covered over by a blanket of snow. So, I applied an Orton Effect in post-processing to create a dreamy, soft quality. This look and the reflection mirrors my mood as this transitional season becomes a fleeting Autumn Dream.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor