TAKE PART • WIN $100
We arrived at Dubrovnik a bit late in the evening. And although we had reserved a place along the hill slope that gave a good view of the city, it was pouring down heavily that evening and we could barely step out. So, the sight of the famous walled city had to wait for one night.
It was very early in the morning when I woke up to shoot the historic city, hoping to catch the first rays of sun as they fell on the city. But the clouds from the previous night had not really gone away. Typically, Dubrovnik has a very pastel look like any other historic Adriatic cities. But then, there was a thick presence of cloud overhead. So, even as the sun rose above the clouds that morning to light up the scene below, it was not a golden hue as I expected but a very sweet and smooth tint of blue throughout. And the thick clouds somehow melted over the seas, blurring the horizon completely, giving the illusion of an island city - like Atlantis - marooned in the middle of nowhere. A different view from what I had anticipated but nonetheless, it was a really nice experience to see this scene evolve from the darkness!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor