The road up the Cimarron Valley will take you into the Uncompaghre Mountains and Cimarron Ridge, skirting the Big Blue Wilderness. This was not a planned image, the weather was changing and the hazy distance and incoming clouds spoke to that change. My wife and I have driven this road many times, beautiful in summer, spectacular in fall, our destination was another 15 or so miles into the mountains. Just be advised, the roads are unpaved and if rain or snow is on the way, a high clearance 4x4 may be necessary. Morning or evening light is wonderful with high peaks in all directions. If you are there with incoming weather or a breaking storm it can be truly memorable.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your own portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 700,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your own portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 700,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor