I photographed this small lake in the Cimarrons during the spring when the aspen leaves were that magical, almost fluorescent green that they always are when they first leaf out after a long, cold winter. When I arrived at the lakeshore in full afternoon sun, I knew that waiting for the sun to set behind the ridge would give me that beautiful wraparound light that today's digital sensors are so good at capturing. All I needed was for the slight breeze that had been foiling my reflection ambitions to subside. Once the long shadows of the evening finally engulfed the entire scene, the surface of the lake calmed completely, giving me this incredible, serene mirror image of these golden aspens in all the autumn glory. As the light quickly faded to night, all that was left was a short hike back to the trailhead in the dark, with my headlamp guiding the way.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor