TAKE PART • WIN $100
Some places we land up by accident, but turn out to be nice memories after all. Our trip to Brighton was such a happy accident. Close to Christmas, a couple of years back, a sudden professional urgency made us land in Brighton. Initially what looked like a drab and windy place actually turned out to be quite nice as the evening approached, when the town came alive with the Christmas lights and festive vibes in the air. Walking in the evening along the beach brought us to this 'structure' in the sea. This turned out to be the unfinished skeletal structure of the 2nd pier of Brighton - quite a contrast compared to the well lit up main pier just a mile down the path. It looked very eerie in the evening and I made a note to come back here in the morning.
The next morning, I went down with the frame in mind - quite simple: make a long exposure of the structure with smoothened out sea and sky. The wind did help in smoothening the surrounding and I could capture this image the structure in the isolated, damp and segregated surrounding that I found it in. Quite a contrast to the town opposite to it.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor