Having suffered a wet autumn at home, I explored our local woodland during a rare spell of fine weather, searching for autumn colours. I was attracted by a series of micro landscapes, as there were few wider vistas offering an attractive colour palette. Warm back-lighting added a luminescent quality to these golden leaves, surrounded by others in various stages of decay on a small tree. Lancashire typically features patchy woodland, rather than grand vistas, so it is important to adapt photographic technique to this environment, and smaller compositions are often advantageous.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor