This is a super macro image of water droplet refractions which has been focus stacked from approx. 8 images. The substrate for the droplets is a piece of tall grass which has gone to seed. The primrose is situated approximately six inches behind the droplets.
The lens is a specialized 2.5-5 X macro lens and must be used on a tripod and focusing rail, but the results can be fascinating. Since the depth of field at this level of magnification is so small, focus stacking is a must.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor