This image was taken in Badwater Basin in Death Valley during sunset in February. We walked out about a mile into the dry playa, and were caught in a light rainstorm, facing west, shooting an amazing ray of light slicing through the clouds. I turned around to grab a towel in my bag, looked up only to find an amazing light show refracting off of rain falling behind me. Ultimately. what I thought was going to be the shot of a lifetime ended up being two completely different shots from the same spot, just looking in opposite directions. This was the first time I learned the lesson to always turn around and see what is happening behind me.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor