Amy’s Park is just north of Bolton Landing, New York, not far from Lake George. We took a short walk to capture sunrise over one of the ponds there, but the overcast skies thwarted our effort. I took some shots from one end of the pond to capture the plentiful lily pads, but wasn’t satisfied with the available backgrounds and gray sky. So, I made my way around to the side of the pond to better incorporate the prominent beaver lodge into some photos. The pond was dead calm, with nice reflections. As I got set up, the clouds started to breakup and created some additional interest in the foreground. I would have liked to move a bit to the left for this photo, but a swampy area precluded that move.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor