This abandoned lighthouse has been my favourite subject for several years. I try to visit it at least once a month, I have been there when it's cold or whet it's raining. At least twice I have been lucky to capture it with northern lights.
This picture is taken from an old Soviet border guard defence trench to get a low angle. The lighthouse was active to 1991 and is surrounded by an abandoned Soviet border guard station.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor