You often hear experienced photographers on the beach say, don't leave too soon. The best magic is yet to happen. And on this evening it was definitely so. The cameras these days can handle so much more low light that it becomes a joy to shoot at all hours.
I live in Bandon and have the advantage of being able to go down to the beach almost anytime that I want to. That doesn't mean that I always hit it right. Sometimes unexpected beauty occurs if you just persist. I was actually a bit disappointed in the sunset on this evening and was about to leave. Suddenly, I noticed a bit of an astonishing color reflecting in the texture of the sand. The exquisite color really caught my eye...a different shade of blue than I was accustomed to so I stuck around, and so pleased that I did! This is one of my favorite images of my beloved hometown beach of Bandon. I shot with my Canon 5D Mark III and 16-35mm F2.8L Canon lens.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your personal portfolio page and let us share it monthly to over 400,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your personal portfolio page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 400,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download 2 premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 48 images per year via our monthly assignments
• Upload and share up to 24 images per year via our picture submission form
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 24 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor