Kenko Tokina USA just announced the new Tokina AT-X 24-70mm f/2.8 PRO FX lens designed for use with the Canon and Nikon full-frame sensor DSLR cameras.
Tokina claims groundbreaking optical design by using three precision molded all-glass aspherical lens elements to achieve maximum contrast, sharpness and corrects for spherical aberrations. This lens was specifically designed with special elements to work in consort to yield maximum resolution to match the 50 megapixel DLSR's that are now entering the market.
Also, not to be missed is the fast moving SDM (Silent Drive-Module) motor to greatly reduce AF noise making it one of Tokens quickest and quietest auto-focusing lenses to date.
Switching from AF to MF has never been easier with Tokina's One-touch Focus Clutch Mechanism which allows the photographer greater flexibility by snapping the focus ring forward for AF and back toward the lens mount for MF.
Kenko Tokina is really showing with not only high quality but a very competitive price. This lens will be available in August for $999.00. Look for the Landscape Photography Magazine up and coming review of this new lens.
Excellent optics performance for full size format cameras
• 3 glass molded aspherical elements and 3 SD super-low dispersion glass elements give maximum resolution, more even brightness to surrounding area, and high level distortion correction.
• Optimized optical formulas produce exceptional contrast, color and outstanding images.
• Designed a color balance by neutral coloring and pursued the special quality for the limit for the frequent use standard zoom lens.
• Arranged 3 SD super-low distortion glass elements (G09, G10 and G14) with the strong positive power into the rear group and revise chromatic aberrations.
• Processed a high quality multi-coat to jointed face of G1/G2 lens in front of group and reduce are and ghost.
Designed the mechanism with great importance to operability
• Equipped SDM (Silent Drive-Module), reduce motor sound till the limit boundlessly.
• The focus clutch mechanism gives the high operability, and a change of AF/MF is smoothly in every photography scene.
• Optical structure (Elements/Groups): 15E / 11G
• Angle of view:84.20゜～ 34.49 ゜
• Minimum focus distance (m): 0.38
• Maximum macro magnication: 1 : 4.73
• Minimum aperture: 22
• Number of aperture diaphragms: 9
• Filter size (mm): 82
• Overall length (mm): 107.5
• Maximum diameter (mm): 89.6
• Weight (g): 1,010
• Lens hood: BH-822