Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The location had been on my photography bucket list for some time. My daughter, who was to be married on Oct 30th, lived in the Phoenix area. Sedona was right on the way as was Horseshoe Bend, Toad Stools, and a few others. I had to take some shots at Cathedral Rocks. I actually planned for this for several months in advance with the help of Google maps, PhotoPils and some tourism sites to select the best date, time, location. Whatever I did learn though as I arrived at my location, the water levels were much lower than I expected. Having spent a good hour walking around to find the right location, I chose this spot - which still had a small pool of water to help reflective the majesty of Cathedral Rocks.
Composition was a challenge as I had to make choices about the sky, possibly reducing down the full rock formation, all to gain some drama and interest of leading lines from the foreground rocks leading to the main hero, keeping some sky for the drama, and getting the little bit of fall color that exists in this part of the country. So, here it is: my Autumn Sunset atmosphere Cathedral Rocks.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor