The pandemic effectively brought the world to a stop, though there have been brief times of some freedom, in most cases this was restricted to your local area. Having recently moved to North Devon, the relaxation of restrictions has given an opportunity to explore this part of the coastline.
The day had been cloudless, not the most ideal of conditions but there was that growing need to be out again and close to Nature. Being outside can be so beneficial to both physical and mental health. So a visit was planned to a location close to Hartland Quay on the off chance of a sunset and a long awaited opportunity to explore this area.
On the drive out, a veil of thin cloud developed and after parking and walking to the location, this thin cloud then encroached over the sun and the light faded which allowed the opportunity to scout out different compositions. The curve of this rocky beach leading to the very distinctive pointed shape of St Catherine’s Tor particularly appealed to me. During this time, it became apparent that there was a distinct possibility of the sun dropping below this veil of cloud as it headed towards the horizon and sunset. So, with the camera positioned, it was a case of waiting and hoping that Nature would provide that magnificent surprise.
Nature is an inspiration to us. It has that power to lift our mood, our attitude, and our mental state. So, when the sun reappeared and lit up the cliffs with a beautiful golden light, Nature did not disappoint.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor