Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Carnewas at Bedruthan is situated in north Cornwall and owned by the National Trust. It has breathtaking scenery with magnificent walks along the coastline. It’s extremely popular with tourists with seven bays for seven days.
So, a landscape photographer needs to do their research for the type of image in mind. In this case I wanted to showcase the late spring coastal wildflowers looking out to sea. At mid morning I parked up and set off along the South West Coast Path with the aim to find view points for photographing the sunset. I took my camera gear to try the compositions.
It was so spectacular looking across the wonderful carpet of wildflowers and down at the iconic rock stacks. I totally agree that this location is ranked one of the prettiest in Cornwall with the vibrant sea pinks (Thrift) and yellow Kidney Vetch. It was a wonderful display that year.
The large sandy beach and aqua blue sea looked tropically serene yet I’ve seen it look ferocious and very dramatic in winter months with crashing Atlantic waves.
In 2019 a major cliff fall took place with a further rock fall in Jan 2021 so this coastline is constantly changing.
I set my camera in a safe position and was able to capture a stretch of stunning colourful cliff top flora with my Canon 17-40mm f/4 lens. It was low tide so the beach looked amazing and unusually quiet.
I also returned that evening to the same spot and was gifted with a wonderful sunset!
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor