The desire to get a good photograph has taken me to many places that I might not otherwise have gone. This desire has also gotten me out at times of the day that I would otherwise be sleeping, Getting out before the sun rises during the summer in Minnesota requires that I get up around 5:00 am. As the sunrises, one of my favorite places to be is the middle of a lake. I like to travel on the lake alone by canoe. On a canoe, I am able to quietly pass through the water. The lake is so peaceful with only the wildlife to disrupt the stillness. There are typically no other boats on the lake at this time. This photo shows that serenity, as the sun rises. Even if I were not taking photos, I would continue my solo early morning canoe rides.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor