I have had the opportunity to visit Abraham Lake numerous times throughout the years in all seasons. In recent years it has become quite famous for its methane bubbles frozen in the ice during winter. People travel from all over the world to see this natural phenomenon.
On this frigid morning, I had difficulty locating bubbles to photograph, but I found many interesting textures and cracks in the ice. While the sunrise burned over the distant mountains, I clumsily composed this scene with frozen fingers and came away with one of my favorite winter images.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor