Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
For quite a few years my wife and I have been working on visiting the US national parks and monuments, but through 2018 nearly all had been out west. In 2019, I had Acadia in mind, and followed the reports of fall color across Maine to pick the time to go. That turned out to be the third week of October.
The plan was to stay for a week, in order to allow time for shooting in various locations in the park, and to be able to wait out some occasional bad weather. On the last day, we had seen most of what we wanted to on Mt. Desert Island, which is the most visited part of Acadia. We drove about 60 km to the Schoodic Peninsula, which is a relatively remote part of the park.
We hardly saw any other cars while we were there, and for the most part when we got out of the car to explore a section of the coastline, we had the area to ourselves. We also brought our lunch along, as there was no place to get a meal.
This is a typical Schoodic scene, with nice clouds, plenty of waves on the rocks, a framing tree, and some color in the ground cover.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor