Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Selimiye is a village in Marmaris on the southwest coast of Turkey. It used to be one of my hideout places with its beautiful blue waters, sun and silent, peaceful environment. For the past few years, it has become more like other coastal towns as people discovered this beautiful place. This photo is from 2015. The bay the village is located is surrounded by mountains and as the temperature changes with the new day, is covered with a beautiful mist in the mornings displaying magical sunrise views.
To get this shot, I climbed up to the hills where I could see the sun rising behind the mountains and the first rays and mist forming beautiful layers.
That morning, unlike what you can see in summer in that region, there were also clouds in the sky, a rare scene I could get at that time of the year. Clouds shadowing the sun almost formed more vibrant and red-orange hues.
After taking my shot, I started walking towards the beach for an early swim. By the time I reached the beach, there were no clouds left in the sky and the mist was lifted too. So, I consider this photo a lovely gift from the nature.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor