Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Auckland City is built on a narrrow isthmus which means there are beaches on both the east and west coast - ideal for taking both sunrise and sunset images. One afternoon when I was staying there over Easter, I went out to Muriwai Beach - a west coast beach known for its black sand and the rocky escarpment on which a gannet colony lives. I decided to focus on the sunset and wandered all over the escarpment taking images from different perspectives. I'd been down on the rocks capturing the sun as it set and was ready to head home but as I reached the top of the escarpment I knew I had to capture the red colours after the sun had gone over the beach. I took a number of images as the sky darkened until I got this one - it was exactly what I was looking for.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor