TAKE PART • WIN $100
The midnight sunset.
The sun was disappearing behind the hills, spreading its powerful rays over the beautiful landscape of Moss bay at south-east Norway. It was summer and not far from midnight. At this time of the year the sun sets for approximately 3 hours. Instead of night there is a continuous blue hour. It was a pleasure being at that place and capturing the very last light over the hill.
I used a 3-stop hard GND and a 1-stop soft GND reversibly, creating a customed reverse GND to balance the exposure. The reduced luminocity of the sky shifts the attention on the water. When I look into the picture, I always travel back to the tranquility I felt on that spot. The light decreasing and the fresh summer breeze creating the ripples on the water.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor