This is one of my dearest photos. I call it 'The Sunrise Transition' because this photo perfectly depicts the transition from blue hour to golden hour just before the Sun has risen.
I clicked this photo without much preparation. I was on my training to South India and during one of my training holidays, we visited Kanyakumari, the southernmost land tip of the Indian subcontinent. It was before sunrise and I was clicking some handheld slow shutter shots by using a nearby rock as a temporary stand. This photo was clicked at 0.5 second exposure, I was very lucky to get no camera shakes. I had clicked around 10-15 shots that morning. This was the best out of the lot. I didn't have time to edit this image during my training days. Later on, when I returned from my training, I went on to process this image in Adobe Photoshop CS6 (yes, that is the one I used to use back then) and came up with this final result.
I have always loved Sunrise and Sunset, and blue and golden hours. This photo is a sunrise shot which is taken at the exact transition from blue to golden hour. What I love the most about the photo is not just this fact but that I was completely unprepared for this and it came out to be one of my best works. I love doing waterscapes and this will be the pick of my waterscapes shots. I hope to go back to Kanyakumari someday and recreate this frame and click some more seascapes there.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor