TAKE PART • WIN $100
I planned a winter trip to Iceland with the specific purpose to photograph the Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights. I had one fully clear day on this trip, a rarity at this time of year, so I took advantage of the blue skies to capture some shots I ordinarily wouldn't be able to get in Iceland. As I waited for the sun to set and the night sky to come out, I scouted a location in West Iceland that I thought could be good for sunset, something different than the ultra-popular Kirkjufell.
The snow-clad mountain peaks caught my eye as they literally shined a glorious white, and the their reflection in the peaceful, and unusually unwindy fjord, allowed for a perfect reflection. As the sun set and the sky turned from blue to purple and pink, I found my perfect spot on the pebble beach that ringed the fjord. As I shot away, a lone seal bobbed up and back under the fjord, away from where a gentle coat of ice was near the shore. It was a perfect ending to a glorious day - and I still had the night ahead of me! And the Aurora did indeed put on a show that night as I shivered in the cold on a lonely beach, waves crashing as the sky filled with green dancing light.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor