As we passed through the west entrance to Yosemite, heavy snow started falling and quickly accumulated. The ranger at the gate informed us that the roads would close soon, so we'd better be prepared to spend a few days there. It was a 45-minute drive from the park entrance into Yosemite Valley, and we could make it before the road shut down if we didn't take any detours.
We felt secure that our 4-wheel drive truck was nimble enough to give us traction on the slippery road. Still, we slipped and slid down the icy road towards Tunnel View, the iconic entrance to Yosemite National Park.
The famous Wawona Tunnel is almost a mile long of solid granite. Our truck lumbered through the tunnel as we anticipated the view that would greet us at the end. The light at the end of the tunnel grew near, and we could see the icicles hanging over the arched entry. As we exited the tunnel, the breathtaking view of the snow-covered mountains and the Yosemite valley greeted us. We had made it.
As passionate landscape photographers, we were "stuck" in the snow in Yosemite National Park. A week I will never forget.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Download all new issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all back issues of Landscape Photography Magazine
• Download all new issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download all back issues of Wild Planet Photo Magazine
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Create your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• Your pictures stay attached to your Personal Portfolio Page forever
• We promote all your uploaded pictures to over 300,000 members and followers
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor