TAKE PART • WIN $100
The badlands in Utah are one of my favorite destinations for photography or exploring. What attracts me the most is the endless variety of opportunities to photograph unusual formations in any weather.
Furthermore as a photographer to have the opportunity of concentrating on exciting compositions at hours outside the sunrise and sunset time frame is something that is particularly enticing to me. October is my favorite time to explore the area as the cottonwood trees are exploding in color and the backdrop of the badlands is usually conducive to a mesmerizing photo opportunity. However, on this day, after enjoying an exciting sunrise location, I turned to the formations which had caught my eye on the previous day. As I hiked around the badlands area, which seemed so barren and lifeless from a distance, I was excited to have captured this abstract showing the effect of the juxtaposition of shapes, curves, ripples and cracks in the layers of the undulating ledges.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor