Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This photo of the Yosemite Falls and the Merced River was captured at last light in early November. The warm sunset light was flowing into the valley floor beautifully luminating the seasonal colors and the mountain peaks.
Yosemite Falls is the highest waterfall in Yosemite National Park and the tallest in North America, dropping a total of 2,425 feet from the top of the upper fall to the base of the lower fall. What you can see in this photograph is the upper fall and a bit of the lower fall between the trees.
The Merced River, in the central part of California, is a 145-mile tributary of the San Joaquin River flowing from the Sierra Nevada west into the San Joaquin Valley. It is the primary watercourse flowing through Yosemite Valley and is known for its natural beauty.
When you're ready to hit the trail for the better part of a day, it's hard to beat the 7.6-mile (round-trip) Upper Yosemite Fall hike for top-notch views of breathtaking scenery, opportunities for amazing photography and memories to last a lifetime.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor