Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
The valley in which I live is quite beautiful. I often look from my yard at sunrise and sunset to see what the light and clouds are doing over the valley, in hopes of capturing a photo nearby in the valley. On this particular evening I saw an opening in the clouds where the sun had just set, and thought that the opening might offer a way for the last light from the sun to illuminate the clouds in vibrant colors. So I drove a few minutes to a location nearby that had a nice view over Amish farms to the west. I waited only a few minutes after arriving for this scene to unfold. I took a series of photos in one location, but wasn’t satisfied with the foreground composition. So I quickly moved to another spot close by and took a second series, manually bracketing first to underexpose slightly for the sky and saturate the cloud colors, and then to properly expose for the much darker foreground. I then blended a sky exposure and foreground exposure to overcome the large contrast between the sky and ground. The colors in the sky didn’t last long, but the sheep on the Amish farm and I got to see a beautiful sunset.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor