This image was from a photographic trip to the Yosemite National Park High Country and the Tuolumne Valley. At this time, I lived about an hour from the South Entrance to Yosemite National Park and was a frequent visitor. The image was taken in the middle of some scattered high-country thunderstorms. In the position I was located, I could watch the sun's rays marching across the granite and treed landscape in the distance towards my location. It just became a question of waiting and would the light and clouds cooperate.
The rays of the sun piercing through the clouds, lighting up the rocks and the trees, and the stormy mood created by the dark clouds create an emotional image that focuses on the beauty and drama of the natural world.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor