There were forest fires in Jasper in September 2022 when I was there. On the 18th of September, we had rain that ended most of it. On the 19th, the lifting clouds and the bit of smoke still rising from the forest in the lower right made a great atmospheric shot for me.
I took many "Lifting Cloud" shots that day, and most were good – just the type f weather I like in the mountains.
For this, I used my 100-400mm Canon lens; I really like telephoto landscapes; they get so much more intimate with the subject.
Processing was done with Affinity photo and Topaz Studio 2.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor