Autumn is a great time of year in Minnesota, especially photographers. For me, it is hard to drive anywhere without wanting to stop to take photos of the beautiful autumn colors. I often return to the same parks each year, because the colors are different every year. The temperatures, precipitation, and sunshine during the year affect the timing and vibrancy of the autumn colors. The best conditions for the most vibrant colors include a wet, warm and sunny spring and summer, followed by a cool (but not freezing) and sunny Autumn.
Since we had a very dry spring and summer this year, the forecast for vibrant color this autumn was not good. However, luckily the. forecasts were wrong and the colors were amazing! However, since this autumn was unusually warm, the trees changed color later than most years. Then the temperatures remained warm causing the colors to last into November.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor