Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Rothéneuf is a district north-east of the city of Saint-Malo (towards Cancale) and a former commune of Ille-et-Vilaine, located on the north coast of Brittany which has the particularity, in addition to its very beautiful coast, to have a small chapel facing the sea (the Notre-Dame-des-Flots Chapel: old customs post converted into a chapel in 1889).
At the end of summer, on the coastal path, it is possible to obtain a composition including not only this very pretty chapel, but also the sunrise between the rocks. To complete the composition, it remains to find a foreground, and for that, the local flora is perfect: from spring until the end of summer, there are various flowers all along the path.
For this photo, ideally, I would have liked the sea to be more present, but that morning, it was low tide. On the other hand, the good surprise of the day was the exceptional sky with absolutely magnificent clouds. I was worried for a moment that I wouldn't see the sunrise, but it showed up for 3 or 4 minutes and then hid again behind the clouds (hence the importance of being installed and ready before sunrise and ... wait).
For this photo, no long exposure, because I knew that I would have little time: only a GND Medium 3 stops filter to perfect the exposure (keeping an eye on the histogram so as not to overexpose the sun) and f/16 to get a nice sunstar. Do not hesitate to contact me if you want more information about this place.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor