Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Yellowstone has been on my bucket list for quite sometime now, and this summer after a year-long hiatus due to the pandemic, was finally able to take this long-planned trip. Pictures cannot do the Yellowstone landscape justice. Such a panoramic place with so many different levels and types of landscapes and features to capture.
Mammoth Hot Springs Trraces offers one of the many out of this world experiences that Yellowstone is famous for. This bleak area with its bleached and colorful yellow and orange contrasts is such joy to photograph and lends itself to some over-exposed compositions. I hiked to the top of the terraces in the middle of the day and the bright sun obscured by clouds reflected off the surfaces giving it an other-wordly look. The blue of the mountains added a nice contrast to the whites, yellow, and orange of the foreground. The final picture was processed minimally in Lightroom to bring out the contrasting colors.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor