Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Just a short drive south along the coast from Whitby, Saltwick Bay is often overlooked by people visiting the area due to the pull of Whitby itself and other photographic haunts to the north. However, Saltwick Bay is one of the few places that can offer a really special sunset and sunrise experience. Mirror-like pools make for breathtaking reflections here, for example, and rock formations portray textures to perfection.
Most people are drawn here to capture the wreck of Admiral Von Tromp but this is best captured at sunset when the sun setting towards Whitby makes an excellent back drop. Another factor that often puts people off about visiting Saltwick before sunrise is it is a steep walk down the cliffs to the beach and timing is everything to ensure the tide is far enough out to allow you to get to the Nab pictured here (and back again) but also far enough in to leave foreground interest.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor