Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I took this back in 2017 when I lived in Massachusetts, USA. I frequented this location often, hoping for good conditions to get a good shot. It's a short walk from the parking area, that's just off the road. It's over a branch of the Swift River, that flows in to the Quabbin Reservoir.
On this particular morning, I wanted to include the rushing waters to lead you into the scene. I set up my tripod in the water. I also used a circular polarizing filter.
I processed the image as black and white, which I think gave the image an old world look.
The last time I visited, (in 2021), the area was blocked off with caution tape. I'm not sure it's falling a part, or under some restoration work. From what I found, this bridge was built in1866.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor