We were returning from a fall trip in the beautiful Methow Valley east of the cascades.
We came upon this view during our climb up rte. 2 towards Stevens Pass and onto the west side of the mountains. Luckily I was able to pull over to the shoulder of the road and get out to shoot this scene before me.
The clouds often drift in and envelop the mountains from the wet western side of the cascades, causing dramatic, moody and atmospheric conditions. The light was really nice as well. I shot several images as the mountainsides full of thick forest drifted in and out of the clouds. This image turned out to be my favorite.Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor