Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
I was visiting friends up in Northland of New Zealand - an area that is off the beaten track. I used to live further north and hadn't been back for years. I'd forgotten how beautiful the beaches in this part of the country are.
I was trying to reach some sand dunes to take photos of them and kept following the road looking for access to the dunes. What I hadn't realised is you can no longer get there by car. I kept following the road and when I reached the end I was totally surprised to find this stunning beach - a place I'd never been to before.
No one else was on the beach, the tide was out and the sense of space and emptiness was was breathtaking. In this image I tried to capture that sense of wide open space. I was thrilled with this image, even though it hadn't been what I'd been looking for when I'd set out that morning.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor