This photo of the Reissend Nollen was taken from the Mt. Titlis ski resort, accessed by a gondola from Engelberg, Switzerland. It was taken as we stepped off the gondola, an amazing piece of Swiss engineering.
I had to act quickly, the clouds were moving in and out very fast, and in only a moment, the clouds completely obscured the peaks. I also had to jostle my way to the viewing deck through the many other photographers taking advantage of the opportunity, thus ending up with only a couple of frames.
We were on a tour of the Swiss Alps several years ago, and recently, I felt prompted to take another look at it. It's one of those photos you take that leaves you with strong memories of the time and place. Fortunately, with PhotoLab 6.0 software, I was able to apply some basic adjustments that brought out the clouds and emphasized the ruggedness of the peaks, thus reinforcing my feeling that this was worth the effort!Upload YOUR Picture • WIN $200 Cash
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor