TAKE PART • WIN $100
Ordinarily, in the Sossusvlei area of Namib-Naukluft National Park in Namibia, Africa, photographers are drawn to the towering dunes and the morning or afternoon light and the shadows that creates on a larger landscape photograph. But no matter where I travel, I always look for the intimate landscapes, too - the smaller scenes that tells stories. In this one area between Sossusvlei Dunes and the Deadvlei area, there are smaller dunes that surround acacia trees, and allow small vegetation to grow. After a stiff wind, these dunes get sculpted with ridges that create wonderful patterns, and in this one spot, I found dried and sun-bleached acacia pods that had fallen onto the dunes after the wind had created a lovely pattern for a backdrop. The contrast of the light and dark, and the ripples and the circular design of the acacia pod provided a strong subject to compose within my frame. I was more excited about this image versus some of the larger, and wonderfule-yet-already-been-scene landscapes of the dunes of the area!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor