Sunsets in the winter can be fantastic, but for someone with a day job, they can be much harder to catch. This one looked like it was going to be good and I wanted to get to this nearby creek and I managed to slip away from work in time. I like checking up on the progression of the ice forming on the creek. The shapes of the open water and ice fascinate me. They are ever-changing as the season progresses until the creek freezes over entirely.
It was cold but tolerable with good clothing. The open water had formed this interesting shape reflecting the flow of the water beneath.
I did some closer wide-angle shots but the ones that worked best were a little tighter and from farther back. That got the reflection nice and colorful and allowed for a good amount of sky in the frame as well.
Shortly after this photo, the sun dropped along with the temperature and it was time to get home and warm up!
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor