Waterfalls are wonderful things to watch. The fact that something as soft as water can, over time, erode something as hard as rock due to their patience and diligence is amazing to me. This dam, constructed in 1918 to power the Penmans Clothing Company, has stood the test of time.
Every autumn, the banks of the Grand River explode in color as the weather changes. This year seemed to be even more than the usual.
I shot the scene with both a short and long exposure but loved the way the falls became soft and ethereal with the longer settings...it seemed to lend a magical air to the scene which was so suitable.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor