Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This image was taken from Clingmans Dome in The Great Smoky Mountain National Park on the Tennessee and North Carolina border. It captures the Belt of Venus which is an atmospheric phenomenon visible shortly before sunrise or just after sunset, during civil twilight. The pinkish glow in the sky is 10-20 degrees above the horizon and is separated by the the blueish band just above the horizon. This darker band is caused by the Earth's shadow. This is a classic Smokies image with the rows of mountains repeating into the distance, but the Belt of Venus adds an element of beautiful, soft, color to the image.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor