Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Over the Memorial Day weekend, my husband, David and I traveled to Blowing Rock, NC. David has been "hired" as my unpaid assistant. He actually does a fairly good job.
The two of us love to go hiking and exploring new places. We are very spur of the moment type people. We were driving a stretch of the Blue Ridge Parkway pulling over every time we saw a hiking trail. No plans, just stopping, hiking and taking pictures.
We actually tried to avoid the "overlooks" and places where there a lot of cars. We found many great trails that way.
We were lucky to stop at one trail that had a great little stream with multiple "waterfalls" along it. I did get some fairly decent shots of the moving water. While they are not majestic waterfalls, they are picturesque. This particular picture has the visual effect of a larger waterfall framed by rocks. I let my camera do the work for me and I chose shutter priority setting and moved it to the "flowing" side. I did need to work on getting the exposure just right. That took a bit of time, but I was able to get a few decent shots, here is one of my favorites.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor