This was my first trip to Xiapu, Fujian province, China. The region is known for intensive fish farming. The scale is massive - it produces 2/3rds of the world's demand. With the fish farming also come the photographers who are attracted by the endless repetition of equipment, poles, nets. The patterns formed thereby lend themselves to minimalist images, like this fisherman in the mangroves.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your pictures to over 300,000 followers
• Download all new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor