TAKE PART • WIN $100
I try to visit the Eastern Sierra of California as often as possible during the autumn as the fall colors in this area are spectacular. After a few cloudless October days, this particular morning appeared to promise a few clouds, so my dog Buddy and I jumped into the truck and drove out to Mono Lake about an hour before first light. We hiked about a quarter of a mile to get into position to photograph the tufa formations, but three other photographers beat us to the spot. We sat and watched the three photographers as they sought out the shooting location they desired which, thankfully left me with the shooting I had previously scouted. We stayed and photographed until about an hour after sunrise. As the sun rose, the clouds dissipated and the early morning light was harsh. Later, reviewing the images captured that morning I was surprised to find this particular image. It was a bit under exposed so the images required some lighting in the image development stage. When I look at this image it brings back fond memories of the many days and long hikes Buddy had accompanied me on to capture beautiful landscapes.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor