Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This picture was taken right before sunrise, around 5 am. Like many others, I had hiked up the "Gorilla hill" to get to this really nice viewpoint onto the Bromo volcano and the Caldera. If you are in Eastern Java, It's a right of passage to do some sort of night hike and wait for the sunrise!
This was actually my first attempt at night and sunrise photography. I definitely didn't bring the right equipment for night photography, especially since it was pitch black and my lens only allowed an F-stop of 4. But I managed to make it work when the sky began to light up by the sun and the wind slowed down.
If I had to give advice to people who would be interested in going, it would be to bring these 3 key items: a sturdy tripod, a warm jacket, and a wide-angle lens.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor