Cave Falls is in the southwest corner of Yellowstone National Park, accessible by a dirt road. It is known as the widest waterfall of the park at 250 ft, but is only 20 ft high. The Bechler River Ranger Station is located close by, and offers a glimpse into the history of the area and the national park.
The Bechler Region of Yellowstone offers backcountry hikes throughout this wilderness, with the promise of many other waterfall views in the “cascade corner” of the park. Old Faithful is a mere 31 miles away, but without direct road access from this remote region of the Wyoming-Idaho border.
The Fall River is a beautiful fly-fishing area, offering spectacular scenery. This photograph shows the additional cascades upriver, where it is eventually joined by the Bechler River.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share your published pictures with over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see a sample
• We promote all your pictures to over 300,000 followers via our social media pages
• Download all new issues of the magazine
• Download all back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be forever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor