TAKE PART • WIN $100
I love Arches National Park and the wonderful photography opportunities it provides. I was visiting Arches in February and it had snowed two days before and was very cold. So, I bundled up in full artic gear and started out on the hike to Delicate Arch. The trail was covered in ice, and you needed crampons to traverse the steep icy slopes of the trail. This is the first time I had ever visited Delicate Arch at sunset and been all alone, and it was a beautiful sunset with great clouds and color! I spent about two hours photographing Delicate Arch and the surrounding area and this was the best shot. I specifically shot at f/22 to get the sun burst through a circular polarizer filter. With an f/22 aperture the blades inside your lens close down to create a smaller opening that creates light diffraction and transforms the bright sun into the sunburst that you see in this photograph. The subtle colors, shadows, clouds and the bright sunburst make this an exquisite photograph that was well worth the cold slippery hike.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor