Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
This image was taken a couple of years ago in one of the most beautiful bluebell woodlands I know, near Marlborough. Finding the composition can be difficult in any woodland environment, so it's important to find an area of woodland that is 'clean' for want of a better description and free of too much debris on the forest floor. With bluebell woods there is the added complication of timing it right, both in terms of when the optimal colour is but also the time of day. Chances are you won't be alone so the earlier you can get there the better, also for the softer light.
For this image I had decided to travel down the day before and found a nearby campsite so that I could be do a recce beforehand and also to ensure I could be up early, ready for dawn the next day. On the day itself, although I took several images at first light, this one was actually taken much later when the sun had risen quite a bit and I had done a bit more exploration of the wood. I initially planned to capture the effect of the sun' rays streaming through the trees so opted for a small aperture but, as it turned out, I found the sun quite distracting when I looked back at the result on my computer and decided to crop the image to more of a panoramic format which I felt worked much better.
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor