Assignments are brought to you by mpb.com
Conditions were good for a trip into the Peak District to capture the fresh snow formations up at Winnats Pass. On this February morning I had to negotiate a dry-stone wall and barbed wire with 2-3 feet deep snow to get close enough to capture this minimalist composition consisting of a dead tree and barn ruins.
By the time I arrived the wind started to pick up and the snow was blowing about creating some interesting textures in the foreground. The sun was also starting to rise so I had to position myself in such a way as to partially obscure the sun behind the tree with the aid of some moving cloud.
Taken without filters on a tripod and remote release
Our $200 prizes consist of $100 cash and $100 mpb.com voucher
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor