TAKE PART • WIN $100
While I had been to Munich in southern Germany many time, I never visited the nearby Alps. Finally, two winters ago, in better times when travelling was still carefree and even possible, I went there with a German friend who lives locally. She took me to some of the most enchanting places, fairytale lakes and rugged peaks. The previous days it had been snowing, but on the day itself it was sunny and clear. The last spot we visited was the Geroldsee, a short drive from Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The Geroldsee is a moor lake which in summer allows swimming. It was off season, so we had the place all to ourselves and could take in the views. You need to climb a bit to get all the cabins in the composition, but once there you would almost believe they have been put there for photographic purposes. The stillness of the vanishing day was unforgettable. My friend assured me sunrise at the Geroldsee is even better because of frequent mist. But for now I was quite happy with the evening.
Did you know that now we offer a VIP membership? Create your Personal Portfolio Page and let us share it monthly to over 300,000 members and followers.
Benefits of VIP membership:
• Your Personal Portfolio Page – click here to see sample
• We promote your portfolio monthly to over 300,000 followers
• Download 12 new issues of the magazine every year
• Download ALL back issues
• Download premium eBooks worth £19.45.
• Upload and share up to 70 images per year via our monthly assignments and picture submission forms
• Your uploaded pictures/posts stay attached to your page for as long as you are a VIP member, which could be for ever
• Fast Support – we aim to reply within 12 hours
• Submission Priority – your submission goes to the front of the queue
Dimitri Vasileiou • Editor